Texas Family History Societies(Statewide)
This section lists the state-wide associations from Central to Southeast giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Statewide and Regional Societies
Catholic Historical Society
Many archives can be accessed, which include:
- Organisational Records
- Personal Memorabilia
- Personal Papers
- Sacramental and Catholic School Registers
Central Texas Genealogical Society
The association was established in 1958. Some databases are accessible, which include Funeral Home Records and Early Waco Obituaries.
Databases also incorporate Index to McLennan Co. Deaths and McLennan Co. Cemetery Records. Some Cemetery Photographs are available.
Many publications are sold by the society, which incorporate:
- Boykins, Fall and Puckett Funeral Home Books
- Early Waco Obituaries
- Falls Co. Divorces 1906-1945
- Hill Co. Divorces
- Index to Early McLennan County Deaths
- Katy Railroad Papers
- McLennan Co. Cemetery Books and Transcripts
- McLennan Co. Marriages 1871-1916 spread over 3 Volumes
- McLennan Co. Tax Rolls
- Newspaper Abstracts
A list of surnames currently being researched by Members is accessible, along with a Message Board.
East Texas Genealogical Society
The association represents the Counties of Henderson, Anderson,
Smith, Gregg, Rusk and Panola.
Some Indexes are available, which comprise:
- 1890 Tax Rolls of Gregg, Panola and Rusk Counties
- Abstracts for the Probate Files and Archives of Rusk Co. 1843-1878
- Panola Co. Obituaries 1921-1935
- Supplement to Pioneer Families of Anderson Co. before 1900
Publications sold by the society include:
- 1850 and 1870 Censuses
- 1890 Tax Records
- 1930 Census Index
- Pioneer Families
- Weddings 1846-1912
Publications available for sale also include 1890 Tax Record Abstracts for Gregg and Henderson Counties.
Publications available for sale also incorporate the 1890 Tax Record Abstract and Obituaries 1873-1949 for Panola Co.
Publications sold by the society incorporate:
These are all for Rusk Co.
- 1890 Tax and Marriages etc
- Probate Files and Records Abstracts 1843-1878
- Civil Suits 1845-1905
- Death Ledger 1903-1917
- Commissioner's Court Minute Book 1843-1870
In addition, publications for sale also include:
These are all for Smith Co.
- 1850-1870 Census Returns
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Census Indexes
- District Court Minutes Abstract 1847-1857
- Lloyd James and Burks-Walker-Tippit Funeral Home Books 1929-1950 (Burks-Walker-Tippit from 1936)
- Weddings 1846-1926
North Texas Genealogical Association
Some Indexes are accessible, which comprise:
- Hines Funeral Home Books
- Marriage Announcements 1907-1911
- Obituaries 1907-1909
- Stonewall Jackson Camp United Confederate Veterans Roster and Minutes
Southeast Texas Genealogical and Historical Society
An on-line subject index to information found in their publication
Yellowed Pages is accessible, which include:
- Bible Records
- Cemetery Inscriptions
- Censuses Transcripts
- Family Information
- Mortality Schedules
- Postal Documents
- Tax Rolls
For further information regarding information found in the publication, please visit their site.
Many publications can be purchased from the association, which incorporate:
- Back Issues of their publication, 'Yellowed Pages'
- Cemetery Transcripts for Chambers, Hardin and Orange Counties
- Weddings for Hardin and Jasper Counties
- Voter Registration Lists for 1867-1869
A list of Surnames currently being researched by Members is also available.