Oklahoma Family History Societies(M-P)
This section lists associations from McClain to Pittsburg giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and Other Societies
McClain County Historical and Genealogical Society
The association has a collection of Family Histories in their Museum, along with information relating to the early history of the area.
Numerous publications are sold by the society, which incorporate:
- 1890 Census Chickasaw National, Indian Territory
- McClain Co. History
- Weddings 1863-1895
Muskogee County Genealogical Society
Many databases are on the site, which include:
- Cemetery Indexes
- Divorce Case Files
- Haskell Funeral Home Books
- Muskogee Newspaper Death and Obituary Indexes
- Muskogee Co. Cemeteries List
- Weddings 1890-1907
Many publications are available for sale, which include:
- Cemeteries Indexes
- Cherokee Indian Rolls - Doubtful and Rejected
- Cherokee Co. Weddings 1907-1926
- Criminal and Civil Cases (Indexes)
- Divorce Cases
- Genealogical Data Extracted from the Muskogee Weekly Phoenix, Indian Territory 1888-1902
- Genealogical Data Extracted from the Boynton Index Newspaper Boynton, Muskogee County, Oklahoma April 8, 1921-November 26, 1926
Publications sold by the society also include:
- Marriage Records, Muskogee Indian Territory July 1890 - March 1893
- Newspaper Extracts
- Oklahoma Deaths in the Muskogee Daily Phoenix 1924-1930
- The Pioneer Newspaper
- Probate Dockets (Indexes)
- US Deputy Marshals Indian Territory and Oklahoma Territory 1893-1896
- Weddings Muskogee Indian Territory 1890-1893
- Widow's Records 1919-1925 Court Records
Owasso Historical Society
A list of Cemeteries along with Cemetery Transcriptions and Indexes are on the site. Old Owasso Pictures and an Index of Obituaries are also held by the society.
Pawnee Historical Society
A Index of Obituaries is on the site, and on payment of a fee, they are willing to send a copy of the appropriate Obituary.
Links to other sites you may find of use are also accessible.
Pittsburg County Genealogical and Historical Society
Some Databases and Resources are accessible, which include Graves Relocated as a Result of the Lake Eufaula Project, Naturalisation Documents 1890-1960 and CTN Marriages 1863-1899.
Numerous resources are accessible at their Library, which incorporate:
- Census Returns
- City Directories
- Family Histories
- Telephone Books
- Vital Records
It is possible to search these resources using their on-line catalogue.
Many publications are available for sale, which comprise:
- 1837, 1839 and 1847 Chickasaw Muster/Census Rolls
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Census Returns
- Choctaw Nation Marriage and Selected Court Records of Tobucksy
- Funeral Home Books
- Hospitals and Medical Doctors in the area
- Probate Records
- Weddings 1900-1903 and 1905-1907