Maryland Family History Societies(E-H)
This section lists associations from Frederick to Harford Historical giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Frederick County Historical Society
The association was organised in 1892, being incorporated in 1911. Many resources are accessible in their Archives and Research Centre, which incorporate:
- Family History Files
- Historic Graphs
- Published Genealogies
- Rare Books
- Reference Books
An on-line catalogue of these resources is on the site.
Many Genealogy and Family Research Resources are available for sale, which include:
- Church and Cemetery Records
- Frederick Co. Early Families
- Frederick Co. Inhabitants 1750-1790
- Land Records Abstracts 1748-1752, 1763-1767, 1765-1768, 1768-1770 and 1770-1772
- Marriage Licences 1778-1865
- Newspaper Abstracts 1811-1819
- Wills 1744-1946
Records related to Prince George's County from 1696 until 1748, when Frederick County was established, are also available.
Garrett County Historical Society
Their aim is to preserve the history, customs and traditions of Garrett County.
The association is located in the Garrett County Historical Museum located at 107 South Second Street, Oakland.
Many resources relating to genealogy can be accessed in the museum, which incorporate:
- Births and Deaths
- Cemetery Records
- Census Returns
- Church Registers
- Family Files
- Military Records from Garrett County and Preston and Tucker Counties in West Virginia
Many publications are sold by the society, which include books relating to Marriage Records 1872-1901, Garrett County Graves and the 1900 and 1910 Garrett Co. Censuses.
Harford County Genealogical Society
Some of the Society's newsletters covering 2007-2011 are available on the site.
Although the society ceased operation on 31 December 2014, some publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
- 1831 Tax List
- 1880 Census of Churchville Precinct Third Election District
- Ancestral Charts
- Bible Records
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Death Certificate Abstracts
- Divorce Cases 1827-1912
- First Occurrences of Surnames
- Will Abstracts
All requests for research should be made to Harford County Historical Society.
Harford County Historical Society
Many resources can be accessed in their Research Library, which include:
- 1790-1920 Censuses
- Card Index of the 1850 Harford Co. Census
- Cemetery Card Indexes
- Court Records dating back to 1774
- Family Name Indexes
- Havre de Grace Methodist Church Register 1849-1976
Archives also incorporate:
- Marriage Licences 1865-1990
- Obituary Card Indexes
- Photograph Collection
- St George's P. E. Parish Register 1681-1903
- St John's P. E. Parish Register 1787-1899