Wisconsin Family History Societies (V-Z)
This section lists associations from Vernon to Winnebagoland giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
County and other Societies
Vernon County Historical Society
Their aim is to promote and preserve the history of Vernon County.
Four sites are operated by the association, which include Vernon Co. Museum, Old St. Mary's Church Museum, the Foreaker One Room Schoolhouse and Sherry-Butt House.
A list of Cemeteries is on the site.
Many publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
- Alphabetical Index to 1878 Plat Map
- Birth Registrations 1859-1902
- Cemetery Locations and Histories
- Courthouse Viroqua 1880-1998
- Hometown Heritage: A Celebration of Viroqua's 150th Birthday
- Marriage Records 1850-1914
- Memories of Newton Valley
- Tombstone Inscriptions
Vilas County - Lakeland Area Genealogical Society
Some Publications are available for sale, which incorporate
- Births, Marriages and Deaths from the Lakeland Times 1927-1949
- Births, Marriages and Deaths from the Times and Minocqua Times 1891-1926
- Lakeland Area Cemetery Tombstone Inventory
Walworth County Genealogical Society
Many archives are accessible at The Matheson Memorial Library, which is located at 101 Wisconsin, Elkhorn WI.
A Newsletter Index is accessible and, for a fee, it is possible to obtain a copy of said article. A Cemetery Database is also available and, for a fee, they will send you further information on the Surname you request.
Many publications are available for sale, which include:
- 1857 Walworth Co. Plat Map
- 1873 Walworth Co. Atlas
- 1882 and 1912 Histories of Walworth Co.
- Cemetery Indexes
- Death Index Pre 1907
- Declarations of Intent and Naturalisations
- History of Delavan School
- Images of America Delavan
- Images of America Elkhorn
- Walworth Co. Probate Records 1848-1930
Waukesha County Historical Society - Waukesha County Museum
Numerous archives are available in the Museum, which include:
- Birth and Marriage Records
- Biographical Information Sheets
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Census Returns
- Court Documents
- Land and Agricultural Records
Archives also comprise:
- Military Records
- Naturalisation Papers
- Newspaper Clippings
- School Registers
- Subject Binders
- Tax Lists
A number of publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
- Discovering Waukesha Co.
- From Farmland to Freeways: A History of Waukesha Co.
- From Prairieville to Waukesha
- The Great Waukesha Springs Era 1868-1918
- Landmark - 1958 to Present
Waupaca Area Genealogical Society
Numerous archives are available at Holly History and Genealogy Centre, which include:
- Births, Marriages and Deaths
- Cemetery Inscriptions
- Census Returns and Indexes
- Church Histories
- Family Files
- Maps and Atlases
- Military Records
- Passenger Lists
- School Registers and Yearbooks
- Town Histories
An Index of Waupaca Co. Declarations of Intent, Petitions for Naturalisation and Final Naturalisation Papers is on the site.
They also issue Pioneer Certificates and a Database of Recipients is accessible.
Winnebagoland Genealogical Society
A number of publications are available for sale, which include:
- Births 1838-1900(4 Volumes)
- Deaths 1842-1912(2 Volumes)
- Divorces 1850-1939
- Marriages 1848-1912(4 Volumes)
- Names Upon the Land
- Poor Farm Cemetery Transcripts
- Winnebago Co. Research Guide