Oklahoma Family History Societies (C-K)
This section lists associations from Cushing to Kay giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Cushing Genealogical Society
Numerous publications are available for sale, including:
- Lincoln Co. Births 1925-1940
- Messecar Funeral Home Books
- Payne Co. Township Atlas 1906-1907
- Pedigree Chart Books
Garfield County Genealogical Society
The association has many archives which incorporate Births and Deaths Recorded by Dr H. G. Parker, Garfield Co. Census Information, Dunlavy Funeral Home Books Index 1923-1946, Garfield Co. Taxpayers 1917, Marriages 1893-1909 and 1909-1913, Obituaries, Probate Records and Schaeffer Funeral Home Books 1904-1938.
They also have Cemetery Transcripts which incorporate Calvary Catholic Cemetery, Enid Cemetery, Newspapers on Microfilm, Garfield Co. Map and Names of 2520 Draft Registrants in Garfield County.
A list of Surnames currently being researched by Members is also on the site.
Greer County Genealogical and Historical Society
Some databases are on the site, including:
- Deaths 1912-1918
- Inquest Reports 1890-1903
- Marriages Licences Index 1901-1930
- Probate 1901-1930
- Selected Civil Cases 1901-1930
Numerous archives are also available in their Library, incorporating:
- Census Returns
- Civil and Criminal Dockets
- Genealogical and Historical Newsletter and Magazine Collections
- School Enumerations
Indian Territory Genealogical and Historical Society
The association has a number of
- Microfilm of over 45000 Applications for the Miller Roll
- Native American Rolls 1817-1867, 1869-1893, 1893-1896 and 1898-1924
- One-Page Dawes Census Cards for all six Cherokee Sections
They are also prepared to search in the Dawes Roll on payment of a fee and receipt of the necessary information.
The association also holds Aerial Maps of Cherokee Co. 1938, Cemetery Maps and Obituaries.
They have also loaned archives to Oklahoma Historical Society, including:
- Assessment Lists 1920-1928
- Assessment Rolls 1913-1928
- Civil Dockets 1908-1945
- Criminal Dockets 1908-1945
- Justice Dockets 1914-1928
- Justice of the Peace Dockets 1907-1936
- Miscellaneous Archives 1913-1927
A number of publications are available for sale, which include Tyner Master Index, Cherokee Co. Railroads and Reed-Culver Funeral Home Books 1909-2000.
Kay County Genealogical Society
The association is known as Pioneer Genealogical Society. A number of databases are available, which incorporate:
- Bible Records
- Blackwell Veterans - Civil War, Spanish War and World War I
- Cemetery Indexes
- Chronicle History of the State of Oklahoma
- City of Blackwell Photo Gravures 1903
- Family Charts
- First Person/Event in Kay County
- Kay Co. Officials 1893-1918
- Marriage Applications
- Marriage Notices
- Oklahoma Counties
- Property Records
- School Registers
- Veterans Memorials
A number of Kay Co. Maps are also on the site.
They also have a Miscellaneous Marriages Index and on payment of a fee it is possible to obtain a copy of the record.
They are also prepared to search Cemetery Inscriptions and the Marriage Application Database. If record is found, a charge will be made for providing a copy of the appropriate record. They also give information about where to find Birth and Death Certificates and Land Records.
A number of documents are available in the Genealogy Section of Ponca City Library, which incorporate:
- Alabama Wills 1808-1870 (Index)
- The Clark Family and Location from Early Southwest Virginia Families
- Earliest Tennessee Land Records
- Harrison Co. (Missouri) Marriages
- Historical Notes of Ancestors of the Revolutionary War
- Marshall - Descendants of William Marshall
- Military Records
- Obituary Notices
- Washita Co. Cemetery Book
- West Virginia Daughters and Their Revolutionary Patriot Ancestors
A list of surnames currently being researched by Members is also available.