Missouri Family History Societies(A-F)
This section lists associations from Adair to Franklin giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Adair County Historical Society
The association was established in 1976. A number of databases are on the site, which include Births 1800's, Cemetery Transcripts, Census Returns, Marriages 1800's, Maps, Obituaries, Pictures and Military Records.
Military Records include Adair Co. Veterans who served in The Revolutionary War, The Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korean War, Vietnam War and Desert Storm/Iraq.
A number of publications are also available for sale, which include And There Arose a Mighty Wind: Booklet recalling the Cyclone in Kirksville in 1899, Register of Old Settlers and copies of the Adair Historian.
Audrain County Historical Society and Museum
Many resources are accessible at the Cauthorn-Stribling Library, which
- Audrain Co. Histories 1884-Present
- Cemetery Transcripts
- City of Mexico Directories
- City of Mexico Telephone Directories
- DAR(Daughters of American Revolution) Linage Books
- Mexico and Community R-6 High School Yearbooks
- Missouri Military Academy Yearbooks
- Plat Books
Barry County, Missouri Genealogical and Historical Society
The association has a number of publications for
sale, which incorporate:
- Cookbook 'A Tribute to our Ancestors'
- Fairview School 1897-1963
- Five Year Commemorative Booklet which includes the 1840 Census
- Goodspeed's 1888 Histories of Barry and Lawrence Counties
It is also possible to purchase Back Issues of their Quarterly Publication Ancestors Unlimited.
Cape Girardeau County Genealogical Society
The association has a Library where
an extensive number of resources are available, which incorporate:
- Account Books
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Church Registers
- Military Records
A number of publications are available for sale, which include:
- Births 1883-1893
- Cape Girardeau City Births 1897-1926 and Deaths 1882-1934
- Cape Girardeau Co. Marriages 1901-1910
- Civil War Records
- Common Pleas Estate Settlements 1853-1950
- Death Register 1883-1893
- Deed Books 1796-1846
- Early Settlers
- Federal Census Returns
- Guardianships 1814-1950
- Land Patentees for Bollinger, Madison, Stoddard and Wayne Counties
- Original Purchasers of Government Land in the Region
- Probate Abstracts 1808-1949
- Slave Census Returns
- State Census Returns
- Stoddard Co. Deed Books 1835-1852
They also sell resources relating to Mississippi Co. These include:
- Baptisms 1874-1930
- Charleston Weekly Announcements 1891-1897
- Deaths 1880-1930
- Marriages 1873-1930
- St Henry's Catholic Church
Cedar and Vernon County, Missouri Genealogical Society
The Second Printing of Vernon Co. Cemetery Directory is available for sale. This Directory includes Sheldon Cemetery
Information and has an Every-Name Index of over 51000 Burials.
They also sell Bronaugh: The Town, The Man
and his Friends which is the early history of the town of Bronaugh, Missouri
and includes various Photographs and Ink Drawings.
Douglas County Historical and Genealogical Society
Cumulative Indexes to the association's Journals are
available on the site.
A number of
publications are available for sale, which include:
- 1880, 1900-1920 Census Returns
- 1930 Land Records
- 2010 Version of Pat Carmichael's Cemetery Books
- Cemetery Listings
- Deaths Index 1997-2002
- Land Owners 1964-1965
- Marriages Index 1866-1997
- Past Issues of their Journals
- Video DVD of the Museum's Historical Pictures
Franklin County Historical and Genealogical Society
There is a listing of Cemeteries on the site, along with links to some sites you may find of
use. They also give links to sites that
may be helpful if you wish to find out about Birth, Marriage and Death Records.
In addition, they
have information about Churches and Schools in the area. They also have information regarding
African-American History and Genealogy on the site.
The association also has a Message
Board that is hosted by Rootsweb.