This section lists associations from Baltimore to Dorchester giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
The association has an extensive collection of resources that are accessible in their Research Library, which include:
They also have a vast number of other resources relating to the history of the State of Maryland and further afield along with a comprehensive photograph collection. They also have a list of surnames contained in their Genealogy Surname Files.
Shady Side Rural Heritage Society has now changed its name to Captain Avery Museum. A wide range of archives are accessible in the Library, which include Oral Histories in various formats, Books, Articles and Newspapers.
An on-line catalogue of these resources is available on the site.
The society was established in 1981 to encourage and promote interest in genealogy, and to gather genealogical and historical information.
A number of databases are accessible on the site, which incorporate:
They also have Subject Indexes to Back Issues of their publication The Carrolltonian 2002-2012, which is published quarterly.
A number of publications are available for sale, which incorporate:
Established to save the Sherman-Fisher-Shellman House (1807) from being demolished, the society was founded in 1939.
The association has a Research Library where a number of archives are accessible, which include local Newspapers, a comprehensive photograph collection and their manuscript collection which include scrapbooks, maps, ledgers and family papers.
The association was established in 1952. They have a Research Centre located in Robbins Heritage Centre where an extensive collection of archives are available, which include:
A numbers of books are available, which include: