Kentucky Family History Societies (M-Z)
This section lists associations from Martin to Whitley giving details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Martin County Historical and Genealogical Society
They have some Obituaries that members have taken from local newspapers on the site. They sell Martin County, Kentucky - A Pictorial History which is 408 pages of Martin Co. pictures. This book contains a surname index.
They also sell back issues of their newsletter Martin Co. Heritage and an index to Tables of Contents from 2002-2005 is available on the site.
They also have a query board which is hosted by Rootsweb.
Nelson County Genealogical Roundtable
They have a list of Nelson Co. Cemeteries, which has been indexed by section. A number of databases and indexes are also accessible, which include:
- Bible Records
- Families of the Area
- New Haven Census Records 1870-1930
An index of surnames currently being researched by members is also available.
Pendleton County Historical and Genealogical Society
Numerous indexes are on the site, which include:
- Cemetery Records
- Church Registers
- Court and Land Records
- Naturalisation Records
- Newspaper Indexes
Numerous publications are available, which include:
- Marriage and Atlas CD, which includes a Marriage Index for 1799-1964 and the 1884 Atlas
- Pendleton Co. Pioneer Book
- Revolutionary War Pensioners
Webster County Historical and Genealogical Society
The association was established in 1980. Its aims are to encourage people to preserve their heritage and to give them a better understanding of history.
Numerous publications are available for sale, which include:
- Webster Co. Cemeteries
- Webster Co. Church Histories
- Webster Co. Families
- Webster Co. Schools from 1860
Whitley County Historical and Genealogy Society
The association was established in 1996 and now has over 400 members.
They have a Library where an extensive collection of resources are accessible, which include:
- Census Records from many US States
- Funeral Records and Obituaries from Whitley and McCreary Counties in Kentucky and Campbell County in Tennessee
- Military Books including books relating to the Revolutionary War, Civil War and World War 2, Korean War and the Vietnam War
- School Yearbooks
- Whitley Co. Cemeteries
- Whitley Co. Wills
They also have numerous books available for sale, which incorporate:
- Whitley Co. Graveyard Books
- Handbook for Country People
- Harp Funeral Home Book
- LP Jones and Son Funeral Home Book