Indiana Family History Societies (F-N)
This section lists associations from Illiana to Noble providing details about each one and what resources and publications they offer.
Illiana Genealogical and Historical Society
Details of Cemeteries of Vermilion County on their site.
Numerous publications are available, including:
- Burials in Danville National Cemetery 1899-1943
- Cemeteries of Vermilion County Volumes I to III which covers Blount and Newell Townships, Elwood and Love Townships and Danville Township
- Marriage Applications in Vermilion Co. 1826-1852, 1853-1874, 1875-1877, 1878-1881, 1882-1891, 1892-1899 and 1900-1905
- Vermilion Co. 1830-1880, 1900 and 1920 Federal Censuses
- Vermilion Co. Master Index of Known Burials
LaPorte County Genealogical Society
Many publications are sold by the society, including:
- Abstracts from Naturalisation Papers
- Circuit Court Cases and Divorces 1833-1860 and 1861-1875
- LaPorte Co. Marriage Index 1921-1925 and 1926-1930
Information regarding surnames currently being researched by Members is held by the association on cards, so it is best to contact them if you have any information to submit or have any queries.
Marion County Genealogical Society
The organisation was established in 1995. Their Library is located at Crown Hill Cemetery and a comprehensive collection of resources are accessible, including:
- Birth, Marriage and Deaths
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Census Returns
- Church Registers
- City Directories
- School Registers
Some resources also relate to England and Wales.
Many publications are sold by the association, including:
- Cemetery Transcripts
- Church and School Records
- Hamilton Co. Probate Records 1829-1855
- Indianapolis Mortality Records 1872-1882
- Land Ownership 1821-1824
- Marion Co. Births 1882-1907
- Marriages and Deaths from Indianapolis Newspapers
It is also possible to purchase back issues of Family Quest from 1996-2012. Surname Indexes to this journal are available online. A newsletter called Indy Lineages is published by the society and it is possible to download issues in PDF Format.
Access to some databases is provided by the association, including:
- Dawson Family of Dearborn and Marion Counties
- Guide to Rural Cemetery Records
- Life Story of William Frederick Piel
- List of Maiden Names taken from the Indianapolis Blue Book for 1925
- Resource Guide to Marion Co. Cemeteries
- WPA Indexes Available in Indiana
Details of surnames currently being researched by members is also available.
Morgan County History and Genealogy Association
Some indexes are accessible on their site, which incorporate:
- 1850 Mortality Index of Morgan Co.
- Migration Database of the earliest settlers
- Original Land Sales from US Government relating to the area indexed by name and by location
- Transcriptions of the 1830, 1840, 1850, 1870, 1880 and 1910 Morgan Co. Censuses
Some Genealogies are also on the site, including the Lacy and Secrest families.
Noble County Genealogical Society
The organisation was established in 1982 and its aim is to encourage and promote the study of genealogy.
Some Indexes are accessible, which include Birth Records 1882-1902, Indiana Newspaper Clippings and their Ancestry Charts Book. The actual Ancestry Charts can be purchased from the society.
Numerous publications are also available, which include:
- Indexes of the Noble Co. Cemeteries
- Marriages extracted from newspapers and miscellaneous documents relating to the area
- Noble Co. 1860 and 1870 Census Indexes
- Noble Co. Early Churches 1830-1900